Thursday, August 4, 2011

HAMP- (Home Affordable Mortgage Program). Loan Modification Guide

If you want to keep your home, but can't afford the payment a loan modification is your best option. However, as you may have already learned, lenders are slow to approve loan modifications.Homeowners apply for the Home Affordable Modification Program (HAMP) by submitting a complete "Initial Package" to their mortgage company. The Initial Package includes:
Below you can read more about how to complete these documents. If you need help completing your paperwork, call the Homeowner's HOPE™ Hotline at 1-888-995-HOPE (4673) to work with a HUD-approved housing counselor for free.
The Request Form provides information to your mortgage servicer about your home and financial situation. You can download an instruction guide for completing the Request Form here. After you have completed the form, print two copies - one for your records and one to send to your mortgage servicer. All of the borrowers on the mortgage must sign the Request Form.
Step 2 - Complete the Tax Form (Form 4506T-EZ)
The Tax Form gives permission to your mortgage servicer to request a copy of the most recent tax return you have filed with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). Click here for instructions on completing the form. After you have completed the form, print two copies - one for your records and one to send to your mortgage servicer. Only one taxpayer is required to sign the Tax Form.
Step 3 - Gather Proof of Income
Your mortgage servicer is required to verify your income to ensure that the modified mortgage payments will be affordable for you. The type of documentation you need to provide depends on the source of your income. The simple Proof of Income Checklist will tell you what documents you need to collect if you are a wage earner, self-employed, or receive retirement income. Be sure to make copies of your income documentation and keep the originals for your records.
Step 4 - Send the Documents to Your Mortgage Servicer
After you complete, print, and sign the Request Form and Tax Form, send these documents, along with your proof of income, to your mortgage servicer. You will find the correct mailing address and fax number at Contact Your Mortgage Servicer.
If you would like to learn more about it, read this book "Fight Foreclosure" or contact me